I don't like being too attached to my phone right now. I am sick and tired of it. I want to control on how the information coming.
Every notifications, every stream from my social media, every likes, every chat, well mostly everything that i want to see and reply, EVERYTHING! Why should i see it instantly? I feel like my phone is controlling me.
I did an unplugged from the internet for 4 days (yeah, it was only four days) last month, and It was great. I really missed that. I should do more unplugged for better life. I can read 70 pages with no short distraction, spent quality time with my food, i listened more deep to my daughter story. And the most important is, the world is still there without you take a peek on your phone.
So, here's my strategy to not touch phone or tablet often :
- When you hear notification sound, read five to ten pages of book instead of taking your phone.
- Set your special time to read all notification and post to your social media. Not more that 30 minutes. Unless you have important message from your family, that's okay i think.
- Turn off your data communication and no wifi on your gadget. Do less with your gadget, like read a book on iBooks or turn on your music player.
- Don't bring your phone/tablet everywhere.
- Talk, discuss, chat with your family and friends. You need that.
- Subscribe to Blinkist. Use the internet more wisely.
- Try to read a newspaper or magazine, perhaps?
Okay, let's do this!
Written on Apr 19, 2014 Tweet this!